kernel32: Send exception information to winedbg for display in the crash dialog

Paul Chitescu paulc at voip.null.ro
Wed Apr 29 14:37:12 CDT 2009

On Wednesday 29 April 2009 18:02:17 Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Paul Chitescu <paulc at voip.null.ro> writes:
> > Changelog:
> > 	kernel32: Send exception information to winedbg for display in the crash
> > dialog
>
> That info (and more) can be determined by the debugger itself, there's
> no need to pass it from kernel32.

True, but that would mean replicating the code in except.c
format_exception_msg(). Getting the two pieces of code out of sync would
cause user confusion as some will report the string displayed in the crash
window while others will report the message from start_debugger().

I have also concerns about the message box that is displayed inside
start_debugger() if the debugger is not to be started automatically - is it
safe to assume the process is still capable to run the message loop for the
window?

Paul Chitescu