Wine sound discussion summary

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Mon Dec 7 07:14:41 CST 2009

On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> So you mean keeping the existing infrastructure around just for midi
> and have something entirely different for the rest of the audio
> features?

That might nt be too bad in that we could still drop all the current
current winmm audio backends that don't support Midi. At first glance:
wineaudioio, wineesd, winejack, and winenas. So we'd just keep the Midi
portion of winealsa, winecoreaudio and wineoss.

Francois Gouget <fgouget at>
                            $live{free} || die "";