Edit control messages through Comctl32 v6 module

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 03:40:09 CST 2009

Hi.

Yesterday I looked at XP introduced messages for Edit controls
(EM_SETCUEBANNER/EM_GETCUEBANNER).
This definitely doesn't work without v6 module loaded.

Does someone have any idea how this supposed to work? Any comments are
welcome as usual.

P.S. Yes, I know that comctl32 does subclass user32 control but only if
theming is active (I mean Wine behavior),
anyway this subclass procedure only cares about painting messages,
control specific messages require control
data manipulation, and this isn't a preferable of course.