Dates in Wine announcement

Peter Urbanec winehq.org at urbanec.net
Tue Jan 6 19:33:21 CST 2009

Ian Macfarlane wrote:
> Very small suggestion - it would be helpful to have dates included
> somewhere (preferably near the top) of the wine announce pages

Speaking of dates... My pet peeve is seeing ambiguous dates such as
2/1/08. To me (and most of the world), that looks like 2nd Jan 2008, but
it appears that millions of people in the USA see it as 1st Feb 2008.
So, in the interest of disambiguation, I'd like to see human readable
dates with the month either fully spelled out or using a three letter
abbreviation. Date formats that are intended to be parsed by machines
are best represented as 2008-01-23, so that they are collated correctly
when sorted by a simple lexicographical routine.

Cheers.