[3/5] user32: Resend: Move character conversion logic to dde_server.d & remove todo's

Jeff Latimer lats at yless4u.com.au
Thu Jan 15 18:41:53 CST 2009

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Then the first thing to do is to write some test cases.
I have had another look at the existing test cases that I added a few
months ago.  I have rerun the tests before and after the patch "[3/5]
user32: Resend: Move character conversion logic to dde_server.d & remove
todo's" and have attached the results.  The key values for msg_index are
10, 16 and 22.

msg_index=10 tests 2 Unicode interfaces passing non Unicode data

    the data is converted to Unicode

msg_index=16 tests a non Unicode client passing  non Unicode data to a
Unicode server

    the data is converted to Unicode

msg_index=22 tests a Unicode client passing non Unicode data to a non
Unicode server

    This one is strange as it produces garbage in Windows.  It seems to
    be doing a WideToMultiByte conversion on the non Unicode data.  In
    this case it appear not to detect the data is not Unicode and
    converts it anyway, hence the small size.   It appears to be an
    undeveloped case in Windows.

To clarify the tests as to which messages are being converted I have
submitted patch "user32/tests: Clarify the msgs to differentiate Unicode
and ASCII in tests".

Jeff