RFC XRender add support for dibsections in more color depths

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 15:18:52 CDT 2009

Hi Reece,

The only thing required is a git version of Wine and XRender libraries
on your system. After that any app can be tested. On decent drivers
like Nvidia you'll notice heavily improved 2D performance (e.g. useful
for theming). When using a Geforce6/7 try to set 'nvidia-setings -a
InitialPixmapPlacement=2' which makes sure all pixmaps are placed in
video memory.

Roderick