Its Alive! Patchwatcher is reborn.

Lei Zhang thestig at
Mon Jun 1 00:42:01 CDT 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 12:05 AM, Zachary Goldberg <zgold at> wrote:
> All,
> As you may have noticed in the last WWN I have been working on getting
> patchwatcher back up on a rather nice server whose cpu time is
> graciously donated by STWing (  I've got it running at the
> moment at
> There are still many, many kinks to be worked out before I would use
> this as reliable and/or before I even think about enabling sending to
> patch authors.  But if you're curious thats where the results are
> going and will likely be in the future.
> -Zach
> p.s. Kudos to Dan Kegel for a great walkthrough in the PW readme.txt,
> and of course for putting patchwatcher together in the first place!

Speaking of pre-commit checking, the Wine wiki page for patchwatcher
page [1] currently list the following todo items:

Check for C++ comments.
Check for nameless unions (GCC 2.95).
Check for missing "\n"s in traces/fixmes/etc.
Make sure sizeof is not used in traces.

These sound like things we can catch with a git pre-commit hook, so
developers who use git can fix these even before it hits patchwatcher.