d3d9: Add DF16 support

Frank Richter frank.richter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 13:47:53 CDT 2009

On 07.06.2009 19:35, Henri Verbeet wrote:
> 2009/6/7 Frank Richter <frank.richter at gmail.com>:
>> As far as I could gather DF16 is the "ATI way" of getting a renderable
>> 16 bit depth texture.
> Without knowing much about the actual format, DF16 implies this should
> be a floating point format, similar to the ones provided by
> ARB_depth_buffer_float.

Maybe... but it seems that format is solely intended for use on render
target textures, not any download or upload... so not sure if the data
type would matter in practice. Also, I didn't find a 16-bit float depth
texture format for OpenGL so far.

> Also, could you please add this at the same
> location as the other depth formats?

Well I added it to the vendor-specific formats because it _is_
ATI-specific...

-f.r.