[3/6] WineD3D: Handle SM 3.0 varyings in ARB

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Wed Jun 17 13:56:03 CDT 2009

Am Wednesday 17 June 2009 20:51:43 schrieb Henri Verbeet:
> 2009/6/17 Stefan Dösinger <stefan at codeweavers.com>:
> > That would need a shader_create callback function for the shader backend.
> > I can sure add it, but I think it would defeat the purpose.
>
> Why does the lookup need to happen on shader creation? I think doing
> it from shader_arb_select() would work just as well.
I don't want to check the pixel shader each draw if it already has a input
signature idx assigned when I can just take care of it at creation and be
done with it. That also spends the time on the search when the game is
showing the loading dialog vs when the game is actually running.

> > The other thing is that if we want to, we can use this functionality in
> > GLSL and get rid of the shader link program and make Mesa happy.
>
> Mesa 7.5 should already support proper GLSL linking.
Ok, that obsoletes the use for GLSL