Sufficient 1.2 release criterion: passing all tests on all platforms?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Sun Mar 8 13:40:21 CDT 2009

Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> writes:

> I've been itching to do another release for a while, since
> what we have now is a lot better than 1.0.
> Your position has been that what's blocking release
> is the lack of a new feature (you listed several, any of which
> you felt would suffice).
>
> How do you feel now?   Are we close to having any of those
> features, and/or are you willing to consider dropping that
> requirement?

64-bit support isn't too far away, so if we put some more effort into it
that should be achievable in the near future. There are a number of
other issues that need some more time to mature, like the OpenGL memory
thing.  It seems we could reasonably start the release process 3 months
from now. Of course that would put code freeze right in the middle of
the Summer of Code...

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org