[4/5] WineD3D: Work around a bad crash in fglrx

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed May 6 03:10:07 CDT 2009

2009/5/5 Stefan Dösinger <stefan at codeweavers.com>:
> + * quirk only enables point sprites on the first texture unit. This keeps point sprites working in
> + * most games, but avoids the crash
...and on the other ones it will create hard to diagnose / explain
bugs. Just disabling the extension if it's broken also avoids the
crash, and will at least have predictable behaviour.

I also *still* think us working around AMD's bugs is the wrong
approach. Of course it would also help if AMD took these kind of
things seriously, or at least replied to my posts
(http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showpost.php?p=63527&postcount=107).