[4/5] WineD3D: Work around a bad crash in fglrx

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed May 6 04:42:19 CDT 2009

On Wed, 6 May 2009, Henri Verbeet wrote:
[...]
> I also *still* think us working around AMD's bugs is the wrong
> approach. Of course it would also help if AMD took these kind of
> things seriously, or at least replied to my posts
> (http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showpost.php?p=63527&postcount=107).

Do we have a more formal way of reporting bugs to AMD/ATI? Something
like a Bugzilla? Concerning this issue (the driver reporting a number of
vec4s instead of the number of uniforms), do we have a way of checking
independently of AMD? If so that would strengthen our bug report.

I have a feeling that Wine is the only 'application' that really tests
the Unix OpenGL drivers, by virtue of being the only application to run
the really complex vertex and pixel shaders that are found only in
Windows games. Maybe I am wrong, but if I am right it means that the
driver developpers would do well to take Wine seriously, and probably
use it as a matter of course, if they want to produce quality code.

But hey, I got a quick answer to my bug report to the Intel developpers
so it's not always bad. Unfortunately now I'm the one that's slow to
answer as I have not had time to test their proposed fix. But I have not
forgotten...

    I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape around here somewhere...