DIB Engine : passing all tests

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue May 26 05:27:48 CDT 2009

Chris Morgan <chmorgan at gmail.com> writes:

> Wouldn't a review of the proposed dib engine be useful? One that
> included concerns, things that needed to be changed etc? Everyone
> involved seems to be asking for leadership and guidance about how to
> proceed, wouldn't a thorough review of the proposed design give
> direction towards an "acceptable" design?

Of course, but a thorough review takes time, lots of time. If you want
Huw or myself to invest that kind of time, you have to demonstrate that
it's worth it. That was my point about first establishing a track record
with simpler stuff.

The last time I rejected a simple patch from Massimo, he basically said
that he didn't have time to fix the patch and just dropped it. That
doesn't encourage me to spend more effort on reviewing his more complex
stuff.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org