today's git broke winetricks gecko :-(

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Tue Nov 17 08:47:49 CST 2009

Ove Kaaven wrote:
> Vincent Povirk skrev:
>
>> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Ove Kaaven <ovek at arcticnet.no> wrote:
>>
>>> (It is actually for similar reasons that binaries must be buildable on a
>>> clean system (say, a build daemon), without any special (non-free) tools
>>> or sourceless libraries. Magic libshell32.a in the source package fails
>>> this requirement, and so does usage of non-free cabinet.dll to make cab
>>> file.)
>>>
>> I don't suppose the build could be fixed?
>>

> Possibly. For the .a files, either the rules that generated them has to
> be documented somehow so the procedure can be replicated in the source
> package's build system, or mingw's w32api has to be patched to fix the
> problems that required them in the first place. (The latter probably
> won't happen overnight, I suppose.)

$ cd dlls/shell32
$ make libshell32.a

In the official build I also include there a little virus that checks
for Oven Kaaven user name and if it finds one, it silently replaces
Debian installation with Ubuntu at 18 November each year.

But seriously, patches are welcome. The build process is far from
perfect, but it slowly improves. There are problems with gcc, mingw and
mozilla itself. Patches are welcome. It's easy to complain, but a lot
harder to fix.

Jacek