ddraw/tests: Fix test failure for D3DFMT_A2R10G10B10 pixel format in GetDC tests

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Nov 17 12:50:21 CST 2009

Am 17.11.2009 um 12:16 schrieb Austin Lund:
>>> <0001-ddraw-tests-Fix-test-failure-for-D3DFMT_A2R10G10B10-.txt>
>> Where did this test fail? On Wine or Windows? If it was on windows, which windows version and GPU did you use?
>>

> WinXP SP2 running in Virtual box 3.0.8 with guest additions installed:
>
> http://test.winehq.org/data/d51b4e19fb99e30eadd6207d8dba7b0d36363c3d/xp_apl-xpsp2-vbox/ddraw:dsurface.html
VirtualBox uses Wine's ddraw/d3d infrastructure. It is likely that you tested the new test against an old Wine prior to when this test and fixes were committed.

Your patch contradicts the behavior I saw on a Geforce 7400 Go on Windows Vista, and on a Radeon 9000 Mobility on Windows XP. As such I don't think we should enable GetDC on this format unless we find evidence on a real system that A2R10G10B10 allows GetDC calls. If we find such a system the test should be changed to accept both outcomes(ie, comment out the A2R10G10B10 test)