msvcrt: dont overwrite the standard streams (with test, try 5)

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at
Mon Sep 7 14:09:41 CDT 2009

André Hentschel a écrit :
> Eric Pouech schrieb:
>> Hi André
>> a couple of comments to your patch
> always welcome!
>> IMO, we should also test that cbReserved2 is >= sizeof(unsigned)
>> otherwise we'd be in trouble
> maybe you had something like that patch in mind:
> it checks if the size makes sense
I'm just saying that since we do something like *(unsigned*)lpReserved,
we'd better check that cbReserved2 >= sizeof(unsigned)
I don't think that your patch is correct. If you want a coding of the
"reserved" block, that you can extend, I think you could well have
additional information *after* the block of handles+flags we're considering

therefore the valid tests I see would be:
cdReserved2 >= sizeof(unsigned)
numH = *(unsigned*)lpReserved2
error if sizeof(unsigned) + numH*(1+sizeof(HANDLE)) > cbReserved2

Eric Pouech
"The problem with designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete idiot." (Douglas Adams)