Please report mcicda (CDROM audio) test results

Robert Kim Wireless Internet Advisor evdo.hsdpa at
Thu Aug 5 11:06:16 CDT 2010

Guys... I just started looking into developing for the ipad... am i
going to have the same issues?
I know, i know.. i'm a newbie with objective c. lemme know...

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 8:14 AM,  <Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at> wrote:
> Jeff,
>>if I:
>>> resume c # yields MCIERR_HARDWARE
>>nothing printed
> This is not compatible with the test that does not report failure on your system:
> +    err = mciSendString("resume c", buf, sizeof(buf), hwnd);
> +    ok(err == MCIERR_HARDWARE, "resume without play: %s\n", dbg_mcierr(err)); /* not NONAPPLICABLE_FUNCTION */
> Does any of the previous commands provoke this difference?
>>> play from <1_or_last_track> notify
> Oops
> play c from 1 notify
> play c from 1 to 2
> play c to 12
> play c from 12
>>It stopped accepting input, any letters, return were all blocked -
>>nothing except ^C.
> Works for me.
>>Every track is listed as audio, meanwhile I see the drive with
>>included programs etc is mapped in explorer.
> This is behaviour unseen on the w95, w2k and wxp machines
> that I had access to, with my mixed data+audio CD.
> Your machine's behaviour is mystery to me. Is mcicdda that unreliable???
> Regards,
>  Jörg Höhle

Robert Q Kim
2611 S Coast Highway