Wine users with a CD-ROM drive, please test

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at
Thu Aug 12 06:42:51 CDT 2010

>mcicda.c:541: Test failed: status mode after play is playing
>mcicda.c:548: Test failed: status mode after play is playing
>mcicda: 105 tests executed (0 marked as todo, 2 failures), 1 skipped.

Here I don't know what to do. Even after the former Sleep(3900ms),
status mode reported playing. Perhaps some drives just enjoy spinning?

If you look at the source, you'll see it does
set c time format tmsf
play c from 1 to 1:00:00:21 notify
status c mode
Within almost 4 seconds time, I'd have expect the drive to spin up,
play for 280ms and stop again.

I'm tempted to
a) leave the test as is, so that will slowly
   show how often this happens among users.
Or do people think I should rather
b) silence the error and don't care.
   After all, it tells me nothing about how to implement.

BTW, in the next version, the 00:02:33 start position will not be flagged as error any more.

 Jörg Höhle