Specifying Reply-To header in patches email using git-send-email?

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 12:21:12 CDT 2010

2010/8/21 Octavian Voicu <octavian.voicu at gmail.com>:
> 2010/8/21 GOUJON Alexandre <ale.goujon at gmail.com>:
>> [format]
>>        headers = "To: wine-patches <wine-patches at winehq.org>\nReply-To:
>> wine-devel <wine-devel at winehq.org>\n"
>
> As the name of the section suggests, this adds header lines to files
> generated with `git format-patch'. If you then send those files with
> `git send-email', it should work. If you `git send-email' files
> generated before configuring that, then it wouldn't have any effect.
>
> Initially I thought the mailing list software was configured to add
> the Reply-To header automagically, guess I was wrong.
>
> Octavian

OK.
By using
[format]
       headers = "Reply-To: wine-devel <wine-devel at winehq.org>\n"
[sendemail]
    to = wine-patches <wine-patches at winehq.org>

I manage to get fully automated sending (yeah!).

OTOH, using
 headers = "wine-patches <wine-patches at winehq.org>\nReply-To:
wine-devel <wine-devel at winehq.org>\n"
doesn't work since you're asked to provide the "To:" and you end up
with two different "To" headers.

I'll update the wiki.

Thanks guys for your help.

Frédéric