Summer of code idea: make tiny game demos to expose problems in Wine

Dan Kegel dank at
Tue Feb 23 08:54:22 CST 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:29 AM, Francois Gouget <fgouget at> wrote:
>> Current text:
>> Let's try making the smallest possible demo games that show problems
>> in Wine, and file bugs for what we find (along with the source for the
>> games/demos)."
> This does not seem related to Wine to me, except in a very round-about
> way. IMHO a better way would be to improve the conformance tests as
> running them is already automated and they are even clearer about what
> is being tested.

OK, next draft:
Current text:
"Direct3D - Conformance / Performance / Interactive tests
Possible Mentors: DanKegel
Even small demos show interesting problems in Wine (see e.g., )
There are lots of tools (see ) that
make developing tiny games easy; they often come with tutorials or
examples that might let you isolate problems
We would like to capture the problems these expose by writing
conformace tests (possibly WINETEST_INTERACTIVE ones, if they can't be
automated) or performance test tools (as part of programs/dxtest,
perhaps), or at the very least bug reports
It'd be nice to also fix some of the problems, too."

Is that closer?