The (Casual) Game Support Report in Wine (Jan 2009)

Reece Dunn msclrhd at
Wed Jan 6 07:51:48 CST 2010

2010/1/6 David Gerard <dgerard at>:
> whoops, sending to list as well!
> 2010/1/5 Reece Dunn <msclrhd at>:
>>  2/  the major issues appear to be in the application launchers used
>> by different game providers (most of which are in the current wine
>> implementation of the IE browser ActiveX control);
> Curious question: you tested with IE6, how do things work if you
> install IE7? Any better?

If you read down into the comments on the various game vendors (e.g.
Big Fish Games), I noted that with IE7 installed via winetricks, the
game launcher crashes.

I have not done any extensive investigation/analysis at this point
(maybe for the February report :)).