Student Interested in Google Summer of Code 2010

Tom Wickline twickline at
Wed Jan 27 08:07:51 CST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Paul Vriens < at> wrote:
> On 01/27/2010 01:25 PM, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
>> It would help a lot if the code from last years gsoc d3dx9 projects made
>> it into wine git sooner rather than later to allow new participants to build
>> on it. I don't know what the state of Tony's work is, but I think the only
>> real concern blocking the assembler is splitting up the patches, a few
>> commends and compatibility with older flex versions(what happened to that?
>> Did Alexandre raise the minimum flex version needed to build wine?)
> Not sure how new it is, but it looks like 2.5.33 is the minimum:
> --
> Cheers,
> Paul.

The version check fails on FreeBSD 8 even tho flex-2.5.35_3 is
installed from ports.

# flex --version
flex version 2.5.4

The version check passes on Linux and OpenSolaris but FreeBSD has a
harder time with it.

Gerald has a workaround for this.. Shall I call it a bug? since a
newer version is actually installed but the version check fails.;content-type=text%2Fplain

But if you download the Wine source and try to compile your out of
luck unless you remove the version check from configure, which is what
Ive done as a temporary fix.