wine explorer /desktop=Title,0x0 app.exe for fullscreen?

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Wed Jul 7 04:54:32 CDT 2010

Hi,

on MacOS, I've setup winecfg with a default virtual desktop because
full screen apps generally don't work.

However, all windowing apps (e.g. notepad, regedit) would benefit from
not using this desktop window. They nicely open resizable windows when run in full screen.

The FAQ recommends wine explorer /desktop=Title,800x600 for running
apps inside windows when fullscreen is the default setting.

What I need is the exact opposite.

Looking at the source, I found out that the converse works using
wine explorer /desktop=Title,0x0 regedit.exe
opens a regedit window without a virtual desktop one.

Can that behaviour be blessed officially and documented? Or is it accidental?

Regards,
 Jörg Höhle