Post-release plans

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Sat Jul 17 01:07:00 CDT 2010

On 07/16/2010 11:22 AM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Folks,
>
> First I want to thank everybody for your great work of the past two
> years. I'm very happy with what we have achieved with 1.2 (even if we
> didn't manage to get the regression numbers down ;-) You should all go
> out and have a drink to celebrate.

Agreed, congrats everyone.  Even on my end these last few days were
quite intense, I can only imagine what it's like for everyone else.

> Code freeze is of course lifted now, so once you have recovered from
> your hangover you can go wild with patches again. Please resubmit any
> patch that was marked deferred (rebased to the current tip of course).
> Releases will be made from the 1.3.x development branch every two weeks
> as usual.

Is the current patch tracking system good enough to make sure none slip
through the cracks?  I'm worried what might happen if someone doesn't
resubmit.

> Bugs that are currently on the 1.2 milestone should not be automatically
> carried forward to the 1.4 milestone. We'll want to reevaluate which
> bugs are really important for 1.4, based on the release criteria once
> these are defined. But of course fixing the remaining 1.2-nominated bugs
> is still allowed...

At the risk of being a curmudgeon, I'd like to start this discussion as
soon as we're done partying ;)

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie