winemp3.acm on the mac

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 20:56:22 CST 2010

On 12 March 2010 13:46, Aric Stewart <aric at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>  So I have been hacking on winemp3.acm on the mac to make use of CoreAudio
> for mp3 decoding and I have just gotten it working. So now I am faced with a
> questions.
>
>  Do I setup winemp3.acm with #ifdefs to pick between the libmpg123 or
> CoreAudio paths, leaving us with 1 winemp3.acm that can do both.
>
>  Or do I create a new winecoreaudio.acm (or such) that just contains the
> CoreAudio path.

Is there other Mac-specific code in Wine? I think there is, so how is
it handled?

What defines, if any, does the configure script produce when coreaudio
is detected or enabled? I'd expect you would use those.

Of course, I'm not actually answering questions; I'll leave the
ultimate architectural decision to someone more experienced :D