Sudden increase of Valgrind errors

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Fri May 14 04:22:36 CDT 2010

On 02/28/2010 03:49 PM, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Two things: I moved to karmic (and now more modules are enabled, since
> it comes with new-enough libraries), and I updated valgrind.  I haven't
> had time to dig in to the differences.  The suppressions file also needs
> updating for karmic.

Hi Dan,

What's the status on the Valgrind reporting you were doing
(automatically)? The last one is from March 18th if I'm correct.

I'm not sure if fixing Valgrind errors would be accepted in the code
freeze period but I still find it useful to have such reporting.

The same is true for Coverity. There are quite a lot false positives and
several errors can be ignored but on the other hand loads of (potential)
bugs were fixed because of these reports.

--
Cheers,

Paul.