WINE Performance and Evernote 4.0 Windows Client

Martin Packer martin_packer at uk.ibm.com
Sat Oct 30 02:58:30 CDT 2010

Evernote are in the process of releasing 4.0 of their Windows client. This
is completely rewritten to avoid the use of things that would stop it
running under WINE. (This WASN'T their target - it was more about device
drivers that had been problematic.)

It runs reasonably well on the latest WINE. However it runs slowly (in a
way it doesn't under "real" Windows) and also the autoupdater doesn't seem
to work.

Is anyone here willing to work with them and us to help it run faster? (I
haven't got commitment from Evernote to make changes but I have got their
attention now.) :-)

Hopefully you can see this thread on the Evernote bulletin board:
http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=18674

Thanks, Martin

Martin Packer,
Mainframe Performance Consultant, zChampion
Worldwide Banking Center of Excellence, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_packer at uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker

Unless stated otherwise above: