AW: Please report mcicda (CDROM audio) test results

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Thu Sep 2 13:39:35 CDT 2010

* On Thu, 2 Sep 2010, Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com wrote:

> According to http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Disc
> "CD-Extra" is a multi-session disc. So it would be like Jeff Zaroyko's
> disc.

Yes, both K3B and "Nero Info Tool v2" reports two sessions on my disk.

> I don't know whether he retried that one with the mcicda tests now in
> git.

It would be nice to indicate disks containing tracks of different types
(sessions) in the log and to extract some info from the data track.  Then
we would know for sure :)

Drive info would be also interesting to see in the log.

> Wikipedia says that the Mixed Mode CDs have been largely replaced with
> multi-session ones. Given Jeff's output it looks like mcicda only sees
> the audio section of multi session discs. Care to confirm?

Already done, it says: "no mixed data+audio CD":
http://test.winehq.org/data/cc945706a4933cda0d204ba07a13e93fccb66d18/me_s2-clean-updated/winmm:mcicda.html

I haven't looked at the code and don't know MCI.  Is there nothing more to
be done with CD-Extra?

S.