Wine & .NET app

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 6 18:53:37 CDT 2010

Reece Dunn wrote:
> On 6 September 2010 23:00, Vassilis Virvilis <vasvir at iit.demokritos.gr> wrote:
>
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Microsoft.VisualBasic"
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Runtime.Remoting"
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Configuration"
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Xml"
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"mscorlib.resources"
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"mscorlib.resources"
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing.resources"
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing.resources"
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"LMA.resources"
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"LMA.resources"
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"LMA.resources"
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Xml.XmlSerializers"
>> fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"LMA.resources"

These appear to be .NET errors and it might be a good idea to look into
using Mono and see if these 'go away'.  What version of .NET does the
program require?

winetricks supports installation of Mono 2.x and is, for now, the best
way to get the product installed.  Yes, we are looking into including it
into the Wine package or as an add-on (like the Gecko engine.)

Mono supports 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 very well and 3.5 somewhat (and maybe
better than that.)  .NET 3.5 will not install, due to .dll dependencies,
on Wine as it stands today.

James McKenzie