mmsystem: Improve 16 bit mapping for MCI_WHERE/PUT/FREEZE/UNFREEZE.

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at
Thu Apr 28 04:27:37 CDT 2011

can you recommend any downloadable 16bit app that stresses the MCI?

It's good that you noticed that RECT16 and RECT do not have the same size (whack!).
Yet I'm surprised that you left MCI_WINDOW untouched.  I believe that
the apps that use MCI_WHERE/PUT etc. (i.e. MCIAVI) are likely to use
MCI_WINDOW as well to set the window handle.

Does no FIXME appear in your console?
The comment there is obsolete.  dwFlags is available and could be used like I did in

 Jörg Höhle