Re: Printing fixme's once (was: Re: GSoC-2011: Implement Missing Mesh Functions in Wine’s D3DX9)

Michael Mc Donnell michael at
Sun Aug 7 04:28:07 CDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 10:52 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at> wrote:
> Stefan wrote:
>> I think there was once a discussion about a FIXME_ONCE macro that took care of this. not sure what happened with that idea.
> Judging by,
> Alexandre's preferred idiom is
>     static BOOL fixme_once;
>     if(!fixme_once++) FIXME("Report bug to Aunt Tilly\n");

Thanks Dan, I'll try to do something similar.

> It occurs to me that
> #define WINE_ONCE(s) { static int once; if (!once++) s; }
> might suffice; you could then write
>     WINE_ONCE(FIXME("Report bug to Aunt Tilly\n"));
> The previous attempt was more complicated:

Thanks for giving a shot too. It's sad that there isn't a macro for
this yet. My FIXMEs are in a loop that might be called thousands of
times (potentially for each vertex in a mesh), so it be could be
extremely noisy.

Michael Mc Donnell