random flakiness

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Aug 20 00:24:46 CDT 2011

When running a test bot, one notices flaky things that
otherwise happen too seldom to be noticed.

For instance, today, the buildbot crashed once during wineboot:

wine: created the configuration directory
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x83e8ec, overlapped 0x83e8d0): stub
wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x00000000 at address
0x7d8eb051 (thread 0010), starting debugger...
err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out

When I got home, the crash dialog was still up.
ps says the app that crashed was:
C:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection
DefaultInstall 128

There have been several other random little failures, e.g.

I guess I'll just grit my teeth and ignore these until they happen
more than once, then try to file useful bugs about them.
Who knows, maybe it's my system.
- Dan