ieframe/tests: Skip rest of tests if CoCreateInstance failed.

Octavian Voicu octavian.voicu at
Thu Aug 25 06:55:27 CDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Jacek Caban <jacek at> wrote:
> Where do you get such a broken installation from? I don't see such failures
> on

Hi Jacek,

It's not only me, see [1]. It fails every time on WOW64 giving
something like this [2].
It's a different crash from the win64 one (which is caused by an
assertion failure in oleaut32/tmarshal.c).

[not related to this patch] It's strange that iexplore.exe from
Program Files (x86) folder is used also for GIF, JPEG, PNG open
handlers, and for HTML icons, but on the main Classes tree, so they
are broken.

Should 32-bit iexplore.exe be copied in Program Files (x86)? A 32-bit
process should be able to communicate with 64-bit iexplore.exe via
RPC, right?

PS: crash reported by testbot was already there, just that ieframe
tests are usually skipped on NT4.