Fail to use USB-Key/USB-Shield with wine USB patch

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Jan 15 10:12:12 CST 2011

Qian wrote:
> My usbkey is also called G&D USB-Shield, it is required by
> ICBC persional internet banking while online trading.
> Unfortunately, ICBC website is IE-only, ActiveX and VBscript are required.
> ... In fact, we don't have to login ICBC for testing the usbkey,
> because there is a tool called Token Administration Utility,

Thanks for the nice summary and the links.
Hopefully someone will have time to look into the problem.
I fear that the fact that it installs several drivers
makes it unlikely it will be able to work in wine,
but who knows.

Also, even if the USB problems are worked out, there might
be a bunch of crypto features that still need to be implemented/fixed.
- Dan

p.s.

It looks like the software your bank uses is described here:
http://www.aeteurope.com/aet/aet-europe/_www/en/pub/products/safesign/safesign_ic_components.cfm
(And it looks like they have a Linux version of their
software, including the Token Administration Utility,
but that won't help you.)

They mention that they conform to the "windows smart card infrastructure"
described in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb905527.aspx
The "base csp" described there is at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8095fd5-c7e5-4bee-9577-2ea6b45b41c6&displaylang=en
but won't install on non-licensed versions of windows, like wine.