Problems with change to cursor and keyboard handling

Erich Hoover ehoover at mines.edu
Wed Mar 2 00:31:01 CST 2011

The recent changes to the cursor and keyboard handling absolutely kill
performance in Fallout: New Vegas.  The cursor changes cause the mouse
to jump around (when you move the mouse while using the keyboard) and
the keyboard-specific changes cause the entire game to lock up
temporarily about once a second when moving solely by keyboard.  I
believe I've narrowed down the problem with the keyboard changes (the
issue is caused by commit bc4afb078677095468d4ee8f9a15c18cbb47bbbf,
see attached proposed fix), but I did not have time this evening to
explore the root cause of the cursor problem.  Since I'm not certain
why this particular line in the commit was changed in the first place,
I figured I'd bring it up here, in case I'm missing something, before
sending the attached to wine-patches.

Erich Hoover
ehoover at mines.edu