Mono packaging status

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Fri Apr 20 16:29:46 CDT 2012

On 4/19/12 1:54 AM, Jacek Caban wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>
> On 04/19/12 00:12, Vincent Povirk wrote:
>> If for some reason you want to try it, the current version is at
>> https://github.com/downloads/madewokherd/wine-mono/winemono-0.0.2.msi.
>> I think I will need a new home for the binaries, because github only
>> gives me enough space for about 5 of them. So, uh, don't count on that
>> URL sticking around.
>
> The right place for this is probably SourceForge, like all our other
> downloads. That's a detail to be handler during the final release through.
>
> Cheers,
> Jacek

Sourceforge only gives us limited space that you can get through via a
simple web URL.  If we need Wine to automatically download this the way
it does Gecko, then doing a normal "release" via sourceforge might not
be enough (since Wine can't click through the page).  This is why we
were using things like the budgetdedicated hosting service (which is
still available) in years past.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie