Mono packaging status

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Mon Apr 23 03:45:19 CDT 2012

On 4/20/12 11:29 PM, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> On 4/19/12 1:54 AM, Jacek Caban wrote:
>> Hi Vincent,
>>
>> On 04/19/12 00:12, Vincent Povirk wrote:
>>> If for some reason you want to try it, the current version is at
>>> https://github.com/downloads/madewokherd/wine-mono/winemono-0.0.2.msi.
>>> I think I will need a new home for the binaries, because github only
>>> gives me enough space for about 5 of them. So, uh, don't count on that
>>> URL sticking around.
>>
>> The right place for this is probably SourceForge, like all our other
>> downloads. That's a detail to be handler during the final release
>> through.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jacek
>>

> Sourceforge only gives us limited space that you can get through via a
> simple web URL.  If we need Wine to automatically download this the
> way it does Gecko, then doing a normal "release" via sourceforge might
> not be enough (since Wine can't click through the page).  This is why
> we were using things like the budgetdedicated hosting service (which
> is still available) in years past.

I'm not sure what limited space you mean. We already have Wine Gecko on
SourceForge and a redirecting script on source.winehq.org, which is used
for automated downloads. AFAIK this way we don't have any limitations
and, as far as Wine packages are concerned, we don't depend on any
specific external mirror provider.

Jacek