Fwd: Ubuntu 12.04 (version#2, drop previous mail)

GOUJON Alexandre ale.goujon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 04:17:03 CDT 2012

On 04/29/2012 10:44 PM, Eric Pouech wrote:
> for the devels having upgraded their boxes to ubuntu 12.04, here's a
> couple of stuff I had to do, especially to get 32bit wine compile
That's funny because I just tried yesterday and filed [1] to see what
developers think.
They are aware of the issue but will need some time to fix it.

What I discovered is that installing gcc:i386 on amd64 doesn't mean what
we think.
It replaces the (amd64) gcc and wants to remove gcc and build-esential
(and others).
What we want is gcc-multilib which provides libc6-dev-i386.
The other way also exists with libc6-dev-amd64:i386 (compiling programs
targeting amd64 from a i386 computer)

For the other issues, I guess we'll have to file as many bug as packages
which are not multiarch-able.
(I don't know how to say it, hope you get the idea)

Hope it helps
---
[1] : https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/freetype/+bug/990982