[3/3] gdiplus: Make GdipMeasureCharacterRanges/GdipMeasureString/GdipDrawString add extra space around the text.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Aug 28 00:57:43 CDT 2012

Vincent Povirk <madewokherd at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If there are only cosmetic objections, I'd like to see this patch accepted,
> > and work of further improvements after that.
>
> I asked Alexandre to wait until I had more time to understand/test this patch.
>
> It seems you've introduced a problem with scaling (see attached test
> program and screenshot). I think that MeasureString is working
> correctly in this case, and DrawString/MeasureCharacterRanges are
> wrong.

Thanks for the test program, it's pretty illustrative. I sent another version
of the patch that should take scaling and world transform into account.

> This sort of problem would be less likely if the logic were in
> gdip_format_string.

I still think that it's more important to make these APIs behave correctly
first, and only then try to optimize/merge/redesign the logic behind them.

--
Dmitry.