bugzilla: show the component, not "comp" and not the assignee

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Feb 27 12:39:41 CST 2012

Hi,

Somehow I discovered that bugzilla can display the component in a search
result list. Now I'm using that instead of the useless "assignee" field.
Here's part of the URL I'm using:

&columnlist=bug_severity%2Cop_sys%2Ccomponent%2Cbug_status%2Cshort_desc&

Unfortunately, the column named "Comp" only holds 8 characters, causing ugly names like:
directx- : you don't know which one out of ten directx-YZ
winmm&mc : one missing letter looks rather stupid

It would be nice if some bugzilla admin would enlarge that column

BTW, I recently suggested replacing the mostly useless "assignee" column in
the default search result list by the component. No answer. What do you think?

Thank you,
	Jörg Höhle