bugzilla: show the component, not "comp" and not the assignee

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 21:01:19 CST 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 10:39,  <Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Somehow I discovered that bugzilla can display the component in a search
> result list. Now I'm using that instead of the useless "assignee" field.
> Here's part of the URL I'm using:
>
> &columnlist=bug_severity%2Cop_sys%2Ccomponent%2Cbug_status%2Cshort_desc&
>
> Unfortunately, the column named "Comp" only holds 8 characters, causing ugly names like:
> directx- : you don't know which one out of ten directx-YZ
> winmm&mc : one missing letter looks rather stupid
>
> It would be nice if some bugzilla admin would enlarge that column
>
> BTW, I recently suggested replacing the mostly useless "assignee" column in
> the default search result list by the component. No answer. What do you think?

I wouldn't be opposed to either one, but I don't see an option to do
so after digging around in the admin panel for about 10 minutes. The
closest I found was 'Query defaults' under 'Parameters'. This has two
fields:
mybugstemplate:
buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=%userid%&emailtype1=exact&emailassigned_to1=1&emailreporter1=1

defaultquery: bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&emailassigned_to1=1&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailcc2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&order=Importance&long_desc_type=substring

similar, yes, but doesn't let me set the default columns. If you or
someone else can point to where to set it, I'd be happy to.

Cheers,
Austin