http://winetricks.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/install-gecko.sh also installs mono

Max TenEyck Woodbury max at mtew.isa-geek.net
Tue Jun 5 22:30:11 CDT 2012

On 06/05/2012 01:16 PM, James Eder wrote:

>>> You obviously have absolutely no idea what the wine-mono package is for.
>>> You should read up and apologize.
>>>

>> NO APOLOGY!  You are missing the point.
>>

> You are missing the point.  You're argument lacks weight because you
> clearly have no idea what you're talking about.  One cannot base a
> reasonable argument on top of displays of ignorance and irrationality.
>   You can try but in the end you only look like an ass.  I understand
> that you're very passionate about the subject but understand that such
> displays harm your cause more than help it.
>
> You were wrong on several technical details which you based several
> key points of your argument on.  A reasonable thing to do would be to
> offer an apology while moving on to other points you feel more sure
> about.  Instead you respond with more rudeness.
>
> At this point I don't think you can recover well enough to have a
> meaningful discussion.  You should make a strategic withdrawal, do
> some research, and reform your argument.

It is not so much the technical details that are the problem.

It is the LEGAL problems and potential legal problems that are at the
root of my complaint.

Telling me that I have the technical details wrong does not help.  I
have very carefully tried to move the discussion away from secondary
technical points and onto the strategic issues that are not being addressed.

I find it very frustrating that the technical points are made over and
over as if they were somehow answers to the legal and strategic
problems.  If you think I have been rude, consider that ignoring the
more important issues that I am trying to raise is equally if not more rude.

If I have resorted to name calling or personal characterizations, then I
do owe you all an apology, but I do not apologize for trying to get the
non-technical aspects of the problem presented.