Are we the reason Apple isn't helping us?

Mark Wagner carnildo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:02:07 CDT 2012

I just came across this, and I think I see where the root of the problem lies.

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 14:42, Vitaliy Margolen <wine-devel at kievinfo.com> wrote:
> ---snip---
> AJ:
>>
>> Then file a proper bug, showing the exact error and the exact compiler and
>> OS
>> version you are using.
>
> Jeremy:
> I can't do that.  Read between the lines.
> ---snip---
>
> So clearly Jeremy has no desire to work with Wine developers. He can't
> clearly demonstrate the problem. So what is there to fix?

You need to be familiar with Apple's corporate culture to understand
what Jeremy is saying.  Apple has very strict non-disclosure policies
with respect to unreleased products.  What Jeremy is saying here is
that Wine has a compile conflict with an upcoming Apple product
(probably a version of Xcode, but possibly a version of MacOS), but he
can't say it outright without risking incurring the wrath of Apple.

--
Mark Wagner