testbot: Default set of VMs to run the tests

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Fri Apr 12 12:10:39 CDT 2013

Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com> wrote:

> > recently the set of VMs suggested to run the tests on by default has changed.
> > It no more includes NT4, XP and Vista (although it does include win2000),
> > 32-bit VMs for NT4, XP and Vista don't even exist in the list of available VMs
> > (64-bit XP and Vista do exist, but for some reason are not used).
> >
> > Is there a reason for that?
>
> I assume you mean on https://testbot.winehq.org/ which is the old
> WineTestBot.

Yes, that's what I meant, since apparently it's still an officially used one.

> If so then the reason is that a bunch of VMs appear to be
> on a host for which the VMware license expired (my guess) which means
> they can no longer be used.
>
> So to avoid having essentially every job stuck in the 'running' state
> indefinitely (the symptom of this particular failure mode), I marked
> them as offline and the WineTestBot no longer lets you schedule jobs on
> them.

As I've pointed out, 64-bit XP and Vista VMs do exist and work just fine,
please include at least them in the default VM set.

> I'd point you to the new WineTestBot but it does not have NT4 and
> Windows 2000 VMs if you were specifically looking for those.

Same for win2000 VMs, they exist and work just fine. I asked about NT4
since it was used before and it's nice to have to see what APIs don't
exist on that platform.

>    http://newtestbot.winehq.org/
>
> It does have shinny Windows 8 VMs with tons of test failures though.
> Ain't that enticing!?

Probably for someone with a lot of free time on their hands, that
person definitely is not me.

--
Dmitry.