how to use ced1401 linux driver from wine application ?

Alois Schlögl alois.schloegl at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 17:05:33 CDT 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to connect through wine the CED1401 device which is connected
through USB. There is a driver in the linux staging tree,
(linux-source-3.10/drivers/staging/ced1401/), which I've already
compiled into my kernel. The module loads fine and becomes available
when connecting to the device.

The are several application software for Windows (e.g. ced1401 [1],
Spike [2], Signal5, and we have also one running in Igor Pro).
The software runs also on Wine, but fails to identify the connected
hardware device.

I've tried to find relevant information in the wiki; and especially,
http://wiki.winehq.org/USB as well as
wine developer guide, Chapter 8 Kernel modules. I've a rough idea what
is missing, but would like asking what you think is missing, and how
much effort it would take to get this working ?

--Alois

[1] http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=15958
[2] http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=9146