Can I play with the Notepad code?

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Thu May 8 15:54:07 CDT 2014

Hi. I want to make Notepad remember which encoding scheme you last used.
Right now it defaults to ANSI Latin when opening a new file, and saves it that way too, unless you are careful.

And, if I can, I want to make the following changes:
(1) use ALT-Windows-key to move lines up and down.
(2) use CTL-Windows-key to move paragraphs up and down.

Lines and paragraphs are defined as follows:

So this is a line of text.
And this is line 2 of text.
And this is line three of text.
But they are all part of Paragraph 1.

Paragraph 2 starts after a blank line is inserted.
Sort of like Emacs.

I've found the source code. I'm looking at where to put things.
I can do it in lisp, and I've got help for C.
http://source.winehq.org/source/programs/notepad/

Can I can I can I? It's going to take me a while, so don't hold your collective breath.

Susan