Can I play with the Notepad code?

Gediminas Jakutis gediminas at varciai.lt
Thu May 8 16:07:06 CDT 2014

On 2014.05.08 23:54, Susan Cragin wrote:

> Hi. I want to make Notepad remember which encoding scheme you last used.
> Right now it defaults to ANSI Latin when opening a new file, and saves it that way too, unless you are careful.
>
> And, if I can, I want to make the following changes:
> (1) use ALT-Windows-key to move lines up and down.
> (2) use CTL-Windows-key to move paragraphs up and down.
>
> Lines and paragraphs are defined as follows:
>
> So this is a line of text.
> And this is line 2 of text.
> And this is line three of text.
> But they are all part of Paragraph 1.
>
> Paragraph 2 starts after a blank line is inserted.
> Sort of like Emacs.
>
> I've found the source code. I'm looking at where to put things.
> I can do it in lisp, and I've got help for C.
> http://source.winehq.org/source/programs/notepad/
>
> Can I can I can I? It's going to take me a while, so don't hold your collective breath.
>
> Susan

Hello!

#define I_am_not_an_authority

Wine's goal is to copy Windows' behavior as close as possible, ideally – act identically. So if this means those changes would make it deviate from that, I don't think this would have much of a chance to be accepted into Wine.

#undef I_am_not_an_authority

Hope this helps!

--
Gediminas Jakutis