Need feedback on first four UTF-7 patches

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 07:45:10 CDT 2014

On 10/29/2014 01:21 PM, Indrek Altpere wrote:
> My previous response was mainly to Ruslan's reply, that 30 days
> waiting time could/should be considered the norm in some cases. To
> which I pointed out that the 4 patches Alex asked about are
> seemingly simple patches, that only add tests and those patches
> have already been verified to run correctly by testbot.
>
> To Goujons's reply: "don't waste their precious time and stop
> whining" As per Alex's comment from
> https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2014-October/105419.html

"slackner, puk, and Andre_H gave me a ton of help over IRC over the past
couple of days"
> Time has already been spent (wasted?) by other active Wine
> developers who are also constantly contributing to Wine.
>
> Perhaps there should be some more clear way to let the developers
> know that their patches are still not good enough (even to be
> reviewed and commented on) instead of checking the calendar to
> guess the status?
Oh, we have provided a ton of feedback. And the patches did improve from
a test coverage point of view and that isn't anymore an issue.

But the code still could look a lot better and some of the previous
feedback wasn't addressed. There is an impedance mismatch between the
code looking good for Alex and looking good for Wine.

bye
	michael