Problem receiving UDP broadcast on wxppro and w2008s64

Bruno Jesus 00cpxxx at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 20:18:57 CDT 2015

Hi, Francois, I hope you can help me in this situation. The patch
attached to bug 31994 [1] (compiled version at [2]) runs fine in most
testbot machines (tested dozens of times) and my personal XP machine,
but for some reason it doesn't work in xppro and w2008s64.

The test creates 2 UDP sockets and send a broadcast from socket A to
the network where B is bound, but the broadcasted packet never is
received by B resulting in test timeout due to recvfrom never getting
data. According to [3] all testbots share similar IP addresses like
and I can't imagine a reason for them not to work:

wxppro: testing broadcast for interface IP 10.42.42.134 (don't work)
w2003std: testing broadcast for interface IP 10.42.42.140 (works)
wvistau64: testing broadcast for interface IP 10.42.42.138 (works)
w2008s64: testing broadcast for interface IP 10.42.42.216 (don't work)

Any ideas? I wonder if it could be a firewall. The test also works fine in NT4.

[1] https://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=51182
[2] https://testbot.winehq.org/GetFile.pl?JobKey=12594&StepKey=1
[3] https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=12591

Best Regards,