Strange wined3d crash

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Apr 29 11:03:10 CDT 2015

On Wed, 29 Apr 2015, Henri Verbeet wrote:

> On 29 April 2015 at 12:40, Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:
> > I am getting a strange wined3d crash during the d3d8:device test.
> >
> Is that a regression? We did touch the shader generation code recently.

It is actually. This is the patch that introduced the crash:

commit 28343db2083de7b4afe4079da090520f44b5544d
Author: Matteo Bruni <mbruni at codeweavers.com>
Date:   Mon Apr 27 17:39:12 2015 +0200

    wined3d: Don't use the builtin FFP uniforms for the lights.

    While at it, use D3D-like uniforms for the light parameters and
    (consequently) implement range and proper D3D spotlights support.

I can test patches but I'm not sure I'll have time to debug this much
further for a while :-( Note that this is with an Intel HD Graphics 4600
GPU.

                            $live{free} || die "";